Monday, June 3, 2013

Seventeen for the Road

I didn't get my driver's license until I was a senior in high school in Pasco, Washington... and I was 17. Across the state, in Bellevue, my future Husband also waited until he was 17 to get his driver's license. A match made in heaven.

So, when our oldest daughter was up for driving, we didn't see the need for her to get her license earlier than we did, so a trend began.

All of our children have not gotten their licenses until after they were 17 years old. I like this plan because that means, they were all a bit more mature when we sent them out on the road to be teenage drivers. (With my kids, this rated right up there with being the only kids not watching Friends. They thought this made them Freaks. I am sure it made them smarter.)

http://clinedesignart.wordpress.com
And here we are at Assignment 17. The cute little slice-em-up web page. I like this assignment because I often create web pages that have elements that just wont work in a div tag type layout. Being able to cut up the pieces is a great way to allow more organic elements to a site. I like this process.

One more note about driving, my son is now 17. After our three girls all followed in their parents footsteps regarding driving, my son appears to be breaking the mold again (the first time was him being our fourth child and a boy.) He has still not gotten his drivers license and he is halfway through his 17th year. (His future kids, if he chooses to have any, might just want to invest in bus passes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment