Monday, May 20, 2013

Fifteen and Pregnant

This week was a study in rolling with the punches. It is no secret I have been struggling with my schedule organizing time to study for four, 5 credit classes, managing work, getting sick, keeping track of my 17 year old son, trying not to ignore my sister who was visiting from Virginia and waiting for a new addition to the family.

My niece was having a baby and this was the week. She called and said "my water broke." Right on schedule.

This is a good thing, although, it took time away from my homework. I have very little time to spare these days, but we all know, the baby wont wait for me to get it all done. I knew a little rearranging was in order because my niece wanted me there. I couldn't say no.

She is not 15. she is 32. But this assignment is number fifteen. See the connection? There is also a Lifetime movie "Fifteen and Pregnant" starring Kirsten Dunst. Remember "After School Specials?" Yes, it was like that.

This assignment was interesting because I have tried to understand WordPress and it seemed a little confusing. But like most things, it was made better by repetition. I had to go through four different themes in order to find one I could change enough to fulfill requirements. This was a good project for me because I feel like I will use this resource quite a bit and practicing with all the widgets and trying to finesse the code is a good way to learn the skills I need to be able to do this for a client.

By the way, Hollis Katrine and her mommy are doing well. Hollis is quite adorable and pretty tiny too at almost 6lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment