Monday, May 20, 2013

13 Coins

Way back in the day of Sting's Glory days, there was a restaurant called 13 Coins. This seems like a bit of foreshadowing to me because 13 coins went bankrupt in the '90s and closed, restructured, then opened again.

Maybe like lightening, bad luck doesn't strike in the same place twice.

This week's assignment, as usual has a very thin thread that leads to my intro. The number 13, although bad luck for the restaurant, good luck for game-making aficionados everywhere.

I was happy to have been able to use the tutorial for the Construct2 game. I followed the steps, and I do love a few good steps. Maybe that makes me a follower. I am okay with that because the world would be in big trouble if we all wanted to be leaders. Like the family members in Family Feud, I am good help.

I found the most difficult point of the assignment was coming up with a theme for the game. I can do graphics very well, but making a decision about who did what to whom was a real challenge. I finally took a reality check and remembered that that was not the most important part of the task.

I did learn how to put together a game in Construct2 and more importantly, I know where to find the information I need to make more games in the future. Lookout! THIS WILL BE EPIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment