Sunday, April 21, 2013

High Fivin' White Guys

Does anyone actually remember Almost Live? (Besides Brian Martin) These guys ran around Seattle giving each other over-exaggerated high fives for the most ridiculous achievements. Sometimes they would do a high-five and a belly bump. Fun times.

This was not the feeling I was having this week.

I love to draw and can do this very well. I have thought, on occasion, that I would love to use a drawing pad and stylus to create amazing digital interpretations of the wildly creative thoughts in my head.

Not so much.

This week, I experienced a series of setbacks in almost every one of my assignments, including but not exclusive to the Drawing Pad Assignment. I didn't really take to the stylus and it's quirky ways. I drew a line to the left and it would veer off to the right. Straight line in my head? Reinterpreted as wobbly line of questionable origins. Adding to my frustration was the knowledge that this assignment could be rendered in real life, the old fashioned way, in a matter of minutes. Lets jump ahead, shall we?

Several days... and hours later, with two stops and three new starts in my experience folder, I had a promising picture... finally.

Don't forget to save!

And then, "the unthinkable..." or more likely "the predictable" happened: "Warning: The file can't be saved because there is not enough scratch disk space." (or something to that effect)

"What a week I'm having!" Okay. Uncle!

See my results here.

And because I am feeling shallow and petty, here is a link to my deviant art site... proof I can draw: www.designerdarcy.deviantart.com

Thank goodness a new week begins tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment