Monday, April 22, 2013

Six of One, Half-a-Dozen of the Other

Numbers are fun as long as I don't have to math them together. I even enjoyed writing out mathematical problems because I could line up the numbers and add little swirls to the descenders. I like their shapes and curves. Numbers can be the more creative additions of a font set. I like the shape of the numbers in Baskerville Old Face. They are elegant and fine. This post has nothing to do with numbers, but everything to do with fonts.

I love fonts and was excited to finally be making a font of my own. I enjoyed tweaking all the curves. I have been wanting to learn how to make fonts and find a program that would be easy to use so I could pursue font-making in the future. I liked Font Creator 4 for it's ease of use but what I found frustrating was the way it made the font a little messy and didn't hold the detail. I am a detail oriented person and like my results to show it. 

Overall, I was happy with this contribution to the portfolio and I can't wait to get started on the next font... maybe something with some cracks in it...?

Drum roll please.... Introducing Bead It! (Six letters in Bead It, in case you were wondering.)


No comments:

Post a Comment